AccessDubuque.com

Catching koalas? Where do I sign up?
Last updated on August 10, 2010 at 10:55 AM
adelaide_koala.jpg

Did you hear the news?
The government of South Australia (the state with Adelaide) is trying to lure overseas folks to perform such jobs as beer taster and koala catcher.
At first, I didn't believe it: Come on, they can't find enough Aussies to taste beer?
It's true, though. I looked it up.
The South Australian government is attempting to lure bored Brits with job offers of beer tasting, tagging sharks and catching the aforementioned koalas. Apparently, Adelaide's koala population is exploding, and the little cuddly fur balls are becoming a nuisance.
If a Brit could do it, why not a Yank? I actually leave for an Australian vacation in a few weeks. Perhaps I should check out these koala-catching opportunities. Maybe I could make a few extra bucks (to help pay for my own amateur beer tasting).
How hard could it be to catch a koala? Dangle a few eucalyptus leaves in front of the little fellow and then: GOTCHA mate!

Erik Hogstrom
Bio: Erik is in his 11th year at the Telegraph Herald, covering health care, human services, weather, technology and other topics.

Recent blogs:
Recent comments:
Search the 1359 Blogs
Search for blogs in Category:   
Search for blogs in Sub-Category:   
Search for:  

Comments

Note: These Comments are submitted by TH Forum members and guests. All guest submissions are reviewed prior to publication. Content posted by TH Forum members are not necessarily reviewed until a "Suggest Removal" has been submitted.

Create a blog!
(You must be logged in to create a blog)
Most Recent Blogs
Most Popular Blogs